1. The interviewer gives the brief for the case. They explain the context the organization in the case is operating in and the challenges that they’re facing.
2. The candidate then has a chance to ask clarifying questions, perhaps to test or confirm an understanding of the context or of the problem itself.
3. The candidate takes around 30 seconds to reflect and lay out a structured approach to solving the case.
4. The interviewer and the candidate work through the case together, carrying out analyses and ultimately driving towards a recommendation. This is the part of the case where the candidate will be handling numerical questions, reviewing exhibits, and coming up with creative ideas. It comprises the majority of the time spent on the case.
5. The candidate synthesizes their findings and makes an overall recommendation.